A "roguelike" game originally created for the 2015 7-Day Roguelike Challenge
By HeroicFisticuffs, using CoffeeScript and the amazing rot.js library
Click Title Above or Press ENTER to Start a New Game
It's up to you to destroy the gods. You have been given a magical Axe that can destroy anything -- mortal or immortal. Walking with the Axe drains Stamina, and Stamina directly determines damage. Plan your steps carefully! Make your way to the top of the temple and kill anything in your way.
- Walkover scrolls ♪ (or Axe ↑) to pick them up
- Stand on a Rune ◇ or Exit Ω and hit Activate to trigger it
- Advance to the next level by defeating all enemies
- For mouse or touch users, Alt-Click is a right-click (non-primary button) or long-press
Gameplay and Tactics
- You deal Stamina damage per attack, with a minimum of 1
- While carrying the Axe, each step will drain Stamina
- Use the Action key to "rest" and regain stamina. This will also taunt nearby enemies
- Don't waste time! A counter indicates the approach of The Warden. Carrying the Axe and Taunting increment the timer more quickly.
- All monsters do 1 damage, unless specified otherwise
- Every time you kill an enemy, your Stamina resets. Use this to chain as many attacks together as possible. (Without getting hit of course)
- Pay attention to the maximum health of incoming monsters (right side), don't get trapped! You can't afford to waste turns taking damage
- For tougher enemies with more than six health, you will need to come up with other ways of damaging them without being hit.